Nose Surgeons Board Certification
Board certification is one of the important factors in order to choose the qualified NY rhinoplasty surgeon. Dr. Sam Rizk is certified by the ABFPRS (The American Board of Facial and Reconstructive Surgery) which has the following implications:
- Dr. Rizk is a NY board-certified facial plastic surgeon who has met all of the ABFPRS standards.
- Dr. Sam Rizk is a highly qualified surgeon who has completed an approved residency after medical school in both Otolaryngology (head and neck surgery) and Facial plastic surgery.
- He is a double boarded certified specialist.
- He has successfully completed a two-day examination (both written and oral) that focused mostly on facial plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- He has submitted for peer review an acceptable record of at least two years of clinical experience, including operative reports of a no less than 100 facial plastic surgeries.
- Dr. Rizk holds proper licensure and subscribes to the ABFPRS code of Ethics.
For more information on the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, please visit www.abfprs.org
What does board certification mean?
A “Board” is an organization which examines and regulates surgeons’ qualification, education background, training and review. In order to be a board certified member, each individual has to complete and meet all personal aspects and practice requirements according to that particular board.
American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) is the board of all medical practitioners in the United States. It also provides approval to many certifying boards throughout America. Dr. Sam Rizk is a NY double boarded certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and American Board of Otolaryngology (Head & Neck Surgery). He is also a board member of the prestigious FACS (Faculty of American College of Surgeons).
If my doctor is a board-certified member, does it mean that I am in good hands?
The answer for this question is NO – there are other factors for a potential patient to consider before choosing the surgeon such as the doctor's experience, the regular basis of performing that procedure, the sub-specialization of the surgeon, his/her philosophy of beauty, the reputation, the results of his/her work, references from his/her patients and many others. After all, it is important for you to feel comfortable with your surgeon by doing researching in order to find the right one for you.
Click here to view Dr. Rizk's Diplomas & Certificates of Merit.